In this article, we will share some knowledge on xfinity router setup with you. Setting up xfinity router is very easy as it has an attractive web-based interface which helps user to manage all the router settings easily and that too in very less time. Xfinity wireless router works with your ISP modem seamlessly to extend your wireless throughput. For xfinity router setup, keep going through the below-given steps.
Hardware set up:
- Attach the external antennas to xfinity wireless router. Turn the antenna clockwise until it is securely attached.
- Tilt the antennas at 90 degrees of angle to the surface. This will provide optimal wifi performance for you.
- Now connect your xfinity wireless router to the ISP modem and then to the computer with the help of Ethernet cable.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the wireless router and another end into the ISP modem. Now, use another cable to connect your xfinity router to the computer.
- Now, plug the power adapter of wireless router and ISP modem into the power outlet. Wait for both the device to turn on.
- Use your device or computer connected to the wireless router and open a web browser on it. Now enter the default IP address of the xfinity router into the address bar.
- Once connected, click on the Start icon to launch the xfinity router setup wizard.
- Set up an administrator account and click Next to fill information to set up a wifi network.
- After filling out the information, click Next to set up the operation mode. Click on wireless router mode.
- Now choose the Internet connection type manually. Enter PPPoE , username and password provided to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Simply, keep following the on-screen instructions to successfully set up your wireless router.
After you have saved the settings of your wireless router, wait for your router to reboot.
NOTE: Your router will disconnect from your computer so that settings take effect on it. You need to connect your computer again with your wireless router to check whether you have an access to Internet.
In case you face any issue while attempting to set up your xfinity wireless router, don’t worry. We will show you the solution to resolve this issue. Simply, try to reset your wireless router by pressing the reset button. Hold the reset button for a few seconds and your router will get back to factory settings. Now, again perform the above-mentioned steps to re-configure your wireless router. If still you are unable to configure your router, try to upgrade the firmware of the router by navigating to xfinity router setup. This will surely resolve your issue.
So this article was all about Xfinity router setup. We hope this article helped you to set up your wireless router